Returning to the workplace - how to prepare
05 March 2021
FOLLOWING THE Prime Minister’s unveiling of a roadmap out of national restrictions, businesses will be taking steps to welcome their teams back to the workplace.
It’s a certainty that life with coronavirus will continue to evolve around us, but regardless of what the next few months hold, it’s important that you take the time to plan and work with your employees to support for the new ways of working – ensuring that the necessary changes are made for your teams to return to work safely.
This will be a different experience for everyone. Some thoroughly miss the buzz of the office, while others feel anxious about what lies ahead. To offer reassurance to all, we’ve pulled together an action plan of what you can do to manage this process, and ensure everyone can return to the workplace safely, comfortably and with the reassurance they’re taken care of.
Six key steps
To help you understand what you need to be thinking about to help put everyone within your
business in the best, safest and healthiest position, follow these six steps:
- Prepare the building and workspace – lots of offices have been empty for several months, so it’s important that checks are made to ensure they are safe for people to return
- Create a social distancing plan – making sure people in your office can remain 2m apart will be crucial for the safety of your colleagues, and any potential visitors, for a while to come
- Prioritise safety – it’s important for people remember that it’s everyone’s responsibility to keep themselves and others safe at all times
- Focus on hygiene and cleanliness – commit to high cleanliness and hygiene levels, including increased cleaning schedules, as well as readily available and accessible hand sanitisation points
- Prepare your team – take steps to make sure your employees feel comfortable and safe by sharing a thorough and detailed plan about what you’ve done to make the workplace safe
- Communicate with confidence and transparency – ensure that you are transparent and honest in your communications, listen to your team and continually review your action plan.
Unify can support you in creating a safe workplace for colleagues to return, with a variety of cleaning services available.
- Is Safe Contractor Accredited for external deep clean and COVID-secure cleaning
- Has provided all staff with dedicated COVID training and have issued them with the necessary PPE
- Has implemented robust processes and procedures, as well as COVID-19 risk assessments
- Uses cleaning and disinfectant products that kill 99.9% of viruses and bacteria
- Invests in the very latest cleaning technology
- Offers rapid response times allowing you to get back open quickly.
From internal and external deep cleaning services, to fogging, housekeeping and HVAC servicing, Unify will with you to design and implement an action plan to re-open your doors safely.
Read more about Unify's services at https://unifysolutions.co.uk/covid-19