IWFM announces 2019 award winners
15 October 2019
The FM industry came together on 14th October at the Grosvenor House Hotel in London for the inaugural IWFM Awards.
Hosted by BBC comedy star Hugh Dennis, the event was the first since the Institute’s name change in 2018 and the nineteenth since it began in 2001.
The Awards showcase the profession’s finest, honouring those whose outstanding work has driven innovation and created an impact through a range of projects, products and partnerships. Thirteen winners were chosen from forty-five finalists across Impact, Innovation and People categories.
The new Profound Impact award recognised an individual whose contribution has had a positive and lasting impact on the profession. This award went to Samantha West, a transgendered female, for turning a personal journey into an open conversation and for inspiring others to be themselves.
IWFM chairman Martin Bell said: “Occasions like tonight, where we focus on our best, really help us to evidence our impact to those beyond our world; championing the difference that excellence in workplace and facilities management can make and demonstrating our contribution to broader organisational success.
“Our profession is about people. The people we enable through our best work, to do their best work. As we adapt to a fast-changing, more integrated world, understanding, encouraging and embracing our diverse talents can only be an asset.”
IWFM Award Winners 2019
Recognising those making a difference not only in the workplace and facilities management profession but also wider society in the areas of customer experience, the environment, organisational performance and social value.
- Impact on Customer Experience – Savills RISE, Savills UK
- Impact on Organisational Performance – Transformation of facilities operations at Rolls Royce, Rolls-Royce and Mitie
- Impact on Society and Social Value – Creating Profit for a Purpose, Eric Wright FM
- Impact on the Environment – Project Ceres Plastics Reduction, ISS with a big four professional services firm
Celebrating stand-out products, services and relationships that help to improve processes, including service delivery, as well as assisting with challenges facing the profession.
- Innovation in People Development & Empowerment – Empowering people through ENGAGE, Interserve and E.ON UK
- Innovation in Products and/or Processes – The IMPACT Programme, OCS Group UK
- Innovation in Supplier Relationships – Property Team, Direct Line Group
- Innovation in Technology and Systems – Waterless Urinal Technology, WhiffAway Group
Highlighting the humans making a difference to the profession, the teams, the newbies, the managers and leaders whose talent and dedication underpins it all.