Home >UK cleaning event attracts some big names
UK cleaning event attracts some big names
16 January 2015
With pre-registered visitors up by 60% compared to pre-registration figures recorded at the same time for the 2013 show, and news that Kimberly-Clark Professional and SCA will be joining Numatic and MITIE to exhibit, the reinvigoration of the Cleaning Show looks on course for 2015.
Taking place at ExCel in London for the first time, from 10th-12th March, the show will feature all the latest innovative products impacting the cleaning sector, as well as some new interactive features for visitors – plus the organisers have increased the size of the event to accommodate the latest companies that have just signed up.
Cleaning and hygiene professionals and facilities managers will be able to try out products, learn from a wide range of free seminar sessions, get free careers advice, take part in small group training sessions on such subjects as social media and staff management, as well as network at a number of social gatherings.
With the move to London, the Cleaning Show organisers have created a series of new features for the event, ensuring that visitors and exhibitors get full value from time spent out of the office. Some of the new key features that are being introduced to transform the old Cleaning Show into a true industry event are:
- A Free Seminar Programme: The seminar programme will consider solutions to challenges currently facing the industry. Keynote topics already confirmed include the Living Wage, immigration and employment issues, training, window cleaning, and hospital hygiene. The full Seminar programme can be viewed a twww.cleaningshow.co.uk
- The Training Academy: An opportunity to learn more about products and techniques, to get professional advice in developing your business, as well as a host of other topics designed to improve the way you work.
- Careers Clinic: Meet and discuss career opportunities in the cleaning industry with clinic sponsors FM Network.
- The Cleaning Show Innovation Awards: The Cleaning Show Innovation Awards have been updated, improved and companies can enter simply by visiting the Cleaning Show website before the entry deadline of 28th February. Categories include: cleaning products; floor cleaning; outdoor cleaning; carpet cleaning; window cleaning; washroom hygiene; sustainable cleaning; and management systems. A panel of professional judges will ensure an awards programme that is better than ever. The award winners will be announced in the Seminar Theatre at 4.15pm on Tuesday 10th March.
- Platinum Sponsorship: For the first time in the Cleaning Show's history, MITIE is sponsoring the event. As well as presenting a number of keynotes in the Seminar Theatre, MITIE is working hard to attract visitors from its existing and potential customer base. This will enhance the profile and number of visitors at this year's event.
- The Exclusive VIP Lounge: This private area - constructed at the heart of the main exhibition - offers visitors and exhibitors a venue to hold meetings and one-to-one discussions.
- The Guinness World Record Attempt: Terry 'Turbo' Burrows, the world's fastest window cleaner, (pictured) is throwing down the gauntlet, challenging window cleaners from across the globe to take him on...and take his crown! The official world record challenge event, which is being sponsored by Unger and Principle Window Cleaning, will take place on Wednesday 11th March. Anyone holding a new world record after the event will receive a cash prize of £1,000. Would be record breakers can enter by completing the form on the Cleaning Show website: www.cleaningshow.co.uk
- A series of social and networking events: The Cleaning Show represents the largest gathering of cleaning professionals and hygiene experts in the UK and is the ideal place to attend meetings and network with customers and colleagues, old and new. A programme of social events has been devised, and a number of industry associations will be taking the opportunity to hold meetings and stage presentations during the show.
- Twitter sessions: Small businesses that want to find out how to use and engage with social media to their advantage can learn how to set up tweets effectively by having a free training session with the event's expert.
- Over 100 industry-leading companies showcased within the exhibition: The UK cleaning industry's main producers and suppliers of machines, products and services will demonstrate their latest, cutting edge solutions. Amongst the major brands attending the event are Vax, Numatic, HSS Reintec, SYR, IPC, Vileda, Nilfisk, Prochem, Rubbermaid, Truvox, and Unger, to name but a few.
Who should attend?
Everyone who has an interest in the commercial cleaning sector should attend The Cleaning Show 2015. In a nutshell, visitors will include:
o Contract cleaning companies
o In-house cleaning teams
o Specialist cleaning companies
o Facilities managers from a wide range of industries including:
o Educational establishments
o Finance/insurance establishments
o Hospitals and healthcare establishments
o Industrial and manufacturing premises, and warehouses
o Leisure and hospitality facilities
o Local and central government
o Public services
o Residential and nursing homes
o Retail outlets and shopping centres
o Transport providers