Home >The 2018 BICSc Annual Awards celebrates outstanding industry excellence
The 2018 BICSc Annual Awards celebrates outstanding industry excellence
04 October 2018
The British Institute of Cleaning Science (BICSc) announced the winners of one of the industry’s most prestigious showcases of achievement on Thursday 27th September at Whittlebury Hall Hotel and Spa, Northamptonshire.
Hosted by special guest, Nigel Grinstead and supporting the Chairman’s charity, CLARITY – The Soap Co. the event saw over 200 guests in attendance.
Amongst the winners, Servest Group were presented with a new award for 2018, the John Edwards Award. Servest are Corporate Members of the Institute and were chosen by the judges for demonstrating extraordinary innovation and commitment to improving the standards from within their organisation.
Other successes of the night included Mitie at St Georges Hospital, who secured the Doreen Heyes award for the second year running. The Institute’s premier award, the Sholom Gordon award went to Dr Eric Brown for his dedication to the industry and long-time support to the Institute.
The Judging Panel said: “The standard of entries continues to overwhelm us year on year, but what’s even more important than the qualities of the ultimate finalists and winners, are the examples they set for others. By demonstrating the benefits and practicalities of BICSc standards and training, these organisations and individuals will inspire others to aim higher within their own companies, driving improvement throughout the industry.”
BICSc Annual Awards 2018 Winners
- The Sholom Gordon Award sponsored by Citation: Dr Eric Brown
- The Eric Hill Medal sponsored by British Cleaning Council: Colin Hanks
- The Doreen Heyes Award sponsored by Rubbermaid: Mitie at St Georges Hospital
- The Colin Hasson International Award sponsored by Killis: Eric Aronoff
- The John Edwards Award sponsored by Engie: Servest Group
- Excellence in Training and Assessment within an Accredited Training Organisation sponsored by Diversey: University of Huddersfield
- Excellence in Training and Assessment within an International Accredited Training Organisation sponsored by BICSc International: Derrycourt Cleaning Specialists
- Assessor of the Year sponsored by BBS & Cleanlogic: Kay Booth, University of Huddersfield
- Client Commitment to Training sponsored by ISS PwC: Optivo Housing Association with Chequers Contract Services
- Cleaning Excellence in the Delivery of Health and Safety through BICSc Training sponsored by Darwin Clayton: Vinci Facilities
- Outstanding Candidate of the Year sponsored by Vinci Facilities: Fern Soo, ISS Facility Services
BICSc said: "We would also like to take this opportunity to once again thank our amazing sponsors for supporting The 2018 Annual Awards, Education Programme & Exhibition."