Home >Winners of the 2019 BICSc Annual Awards
Winners of the 2019 BICSc Annual Awards
08 October 2019
The British Institute of Cleaning Science (BICSc) announced the winners of one of the industry’s most prestigious events on Thursday 26th September at Whittlebury Hall Hotel and Spa, Northamptonshire.
The Showcase & Exhibition commenced in the morning with a lighter and brighter approach, which included a series of insightful keynotes. Members of Team BICSc delivered ‘Great at 58’, a look back through the decades of the Institute. Citation, specialists in Health & Safety and employment law, covered the history of Health & Safety. Huddersfield University waxed lyrical on the benefits of a trained workforce, and Minster Cleaning talked all things accredited! The session concluded with a look at control of cross contamination within a healthcare setting, delivered by Dr Andrew Kemp phd.
Guests then had time to enjoy the surroundings of Whittlebury Park Hotel, later anticipation built as 200 guests entered the Brooklands Suite for the glittering Awards ceremony which was hosted by special guest, award-winning journalist and writer, Louise Hulland.
This year’s Chairman’s charity of choice was once again CLARITY & Co. a social enterprise who employ those with disabilities. The event raised over £1,200 for this worthwhile social enterprise.
Amongst the Award winners, were Robinson Services, who were presented with the John Edwards Award. Robinson Services are Corporate Members of the Institute and were chosen by the judges for demonstrating extraordinary commitment to improving cleaning standards from within their organisation.
Other successes included The Institute’s most prestigious accolade ‘The Chairman’s Award’, given for the first time to Bob Vincent, FBICSc for his outstanding contribution to the Institute and cleaning industry. The Colin Hasson International Award went to Dr. Talal Al Harigi of the Saudi based organisation Facilities and Hospitality Management. There was a moving moment and standing ovation for Michael Hirst of Huddersfield University as he collected the coveted Outstanding Candidate of the Year Award.
The Judging Panel said: “This year we received the largest number of entries to date. The commitment to BICSc standards continues to overwhelm us year on year. What’s even more important than the qualities of the finalists and winners, are the examples they set for others. By demonstrating the benefits and practicalities of BICSc standards and training, these organisations and individuals simply inspire others to aim higher within their own companies, driving improvement throughout the industry.”
The 2019 BICSc Annual Awards Winners
- The Chairman’s Award - Bob Vincent FBICSc
- The Eric Hill Medal - Lorraine Larman FBICSc
- The Colin Hasson International Award - Dr. Talal Al Harigi, Facilities & Hospitality Management
- Commitment to BICSc Training within Healthcare - The Queen Elizabeth Hospital, Kings Lynn
- John Edwards Award (Outstanding Corporate Member) - Robinson Services
- Excellence in Training & Assessment (United Kingdom) - County Square Shopping Centre
- Client Commitment to Training - One Housing with Chequers Contract Services
- Assessor of the Year - Wendy Hargreaves, Vinci Facilities
- Excellence in Training & Assessment (International) - Berkeley Services LLC
- Outstanding Candidate of the Year - Michael Hirst, University of Huddersfield
The 2020 BICSc Annual Awards, Showcase & Exhibition will take place at Whittlebury Hall on Thursday 24th September.